Friday, September 2, 2011

What Will I Do With My Life?

Lately I have been looking at Nursing schools in Colorado, and this journey has led me to CU. Now, I have had the experience of being a Ram, but never a Buff. I admit, while I came from CSU, I never really liked the school itself. It was too big and I found myself getting lost among the faces. CCU has been a refreshing venture away from everything big and busy.

However, life isn't always what we dream it to be. Sometimes it hits us where it hurts, as it has me. Looking at CCU, I realized that attending this small school is something that may not be realistic for me to strive to attain. The requirements are too much. So, I, a mature adult, must consider looking for something a little more reasonable. And that is where the idea of becoming a Buff got into my head.

I have been to the medical campus many times before, and am setting my goals high. I would like to enroll in medical school, the ultimate demonstration that hard work, determination, and the ability to dream will help you achieve much. However, last night proved to me that my dreams are once again grounded.

So, here is the problem, before I can even think of applying to the school of Nursing, I must have all of my pre-requisites done. Unfortunately, applications are due by October 15th for the program I am eligible for, and I still have one additional semester of pre-reqs to fullfill. What this means is that even if I do finish these classes, I have to wait a whole year before I can even apply. I would then have a whole year off or a whole year to flounder around. Maybe this isn't a bad thing, as it would give me plenty of time to complete any medical school pre-requisites that I would have, but then again, it moves my graduation date out even further. It's a mixed blessing in a way. Then again, if I do complete all the pre-requisites for medical school, I might as well apply for medical school alongside applying for Nursing school. If I fail in getting into medical school, I still have Nursing school to fall back on. However, if I get into medical school by chance, I will hop on it. I probably need to take a different view on it, but right now, I'm not too thrilled about it. There is still a lot that needs to be investigated before I take that step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment